Thursday, January 26, 2006

Road House


I know that it might seem slightly off topic, but I have to talk about this. I just saw the movie "Road House," staring Patrick Swayze. Wow! Wow!! I had seen it before, and I will never forget such great lines as, "Pain don't hurt," but man, there are more jewels of bad dialogue in "Road House," than diamonds in South Africa, and more pointless scenes than LA in general. However, an amazing thing about "Road House" is the fact that the performances offered up by it's cast are probably the best that could ever be expected considering the writing, probably better. An even more amazing thing about "Road House," is that you cannot stop watching it. If you watch five minutes of "Road House," you will watch all of "Road House." You cannot stop. I dare any of you to start watching "Road House," and try to stop half way through. You can't.

Please, please, think of me as Patrick Swayze, and think of yourselves as the towns people rallying around me at the end of "Road House," or maybe you could think of me as Patrick Swayze and network television is the town that I have to clean up, or best yet, think of me as Patrick Swayze and Adult Swim as the road house in "Road House," and it's where I belong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home