Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Little Victories


I received some news today from Adult Swim. To quote the recruiter Adult Swim has, "decided to move forward with another candidate at this time."

Yes!

I know some of you are thinking that this is a bad thing, that this means that I didn't get the job, and you are partly right. I didn't get the job that I was up for, "at this time," but there is a silver lining to this. Look closely at the statement. Do you see it?

Yes?

Yes, they recognized me as a legitimate candidate.

Some of you are probably thinking that I am crazy right now, but remember three things. One, there is a very thin line between craziness and genius. Two, the world did not just end, and some "time" down the line Adult Swim will probably need to hire someone else. Three, we have no idea who this other "candidate" is. They could be completely incompetent. I'm not sure how they got the job, but it is plain to me, as it should be to you all, that they didn't run a very effective campaign. If they did, we would know who they were.

Back to the trenches!

We just have to write more emails, sign the petition more, grind our teeth in our sleep more, and run that marathon naked this time! The Russians didn't stop fighting the Germans even though they didn't have bullets for their guns or boots for their feet. Our forefathers did not stop fighting the British even though they didn't have nice red coats to wear like the British. Never stop believing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home