Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I have discovered the root of my arch nemesis Alex C.'s hatred and anger towards me. I am kind of disappointed that it boils down to simple envy and jealousy. I was hoping to find out that I had somehow unknowingly killed his cat or something. Apparently someone wants a job at Adult Swim too, and his name is Alex C. and he is upset that he didn't think to start his own grass roots campaign for a job there. Read his post on Wikapedia and tell me what you think:

"Vanity material. The guy is a freakin' joke. He wants to be hired by Adult Swim without going through the turnerjobs.com website that 99.9% of people hired by the company have to/have had to/must go through. Actually, if you want to be technical, he'd be hired by Time Warner, then placed into their Cartoon Network division, then eventually filtered into a position for Adult Swim (like the Junior Writer position or Flash Animation position or whatever). But at any rate, it's just some dork with a beard trying to stand out in the crowd and hoping like Hell that it works enough to find him a job at Adult Swim as . . . well, I don't really know what he wants to do. If you look at his resume I'm guessing some sort of animator job.
At any rate, I deleted the links -- and I don't doubt he put them up himself in the first place. What a dweeb, and a LAZY dweeb at that. I can admire his iniative, but as one who wants to work for Adult Swim myself, and who has no "connections" inside -- thus being forced to whore out through the turnerjobs.com site and go up against hundreds, if not thousands of applications -- I think he's a douchebag for even trying this. I've stated as such to him in e-mail, and he took it as a joke. Go figure. I don't see any reason to put the links back in, unless he gets hired by them, in which case perhaps put them back in to show "hey, here's some dumbass who made himself stand out and be noticed by Adult Swim by ACTING like a dumbass." For now, they're gone. -"


The only other thing I can possibly deduce from this is that he might be the turnerjobs.com web master because he has mentioned turnerjobs.com in every single letter to me. Maybe he is angry because he feels like he has been usurped and sees his power as turnerjobs.com's web master humbled by my grass roots campaign. But, I think this is highly unlikely.

Keep up the good work people. Spread the word. Keep the emails coming. And, Alex C. you keep on hating me. If I had an arch nemesis like you in college, I probably would have been student body president.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Charles,
I about pissed myself laughing when I stumbled upon your blog, while searching for turnerjobs.com. When I saw Adult Swim Should Hire Charles McCarthy, I just had to click on it. Wow, why so much hatred from those insecure nay sayers. I aplaud you dear sir. I too, would love to work for Adult Swim, and think that's a great ploy to get noticed. Good for you.

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home