Thursday, December 29, 2005



Apparently some people still don't believe in the power of the people. I got this email from "Eric" today. He doesn't seem to believe that TV networks care what their audience thinks. Although I tend to agree with "Eric" to a certain degree, I don't think any institution can ignore a tightly organized grass roots movement for very long. "Eric" would have probably told Gandhi that no empire would give up it's colonial hold on India just because he refused to eat. He wrote:


"I do not like you. That is not reverse psychology, that is straight up.

It may seem like the all-american thing to do, to get a job by sheer force of perseverance and making a pest out of ones self, but what if you are wrong and you are wasting all this time and just annoying people with your posts? The truth of this scenario seems obvious to everyone but you.

The idea the at the customer is always right applies only up to a point. The tiny, miniscule percentage of people who BOTH view the show and sign your petition will not be convincing. The percentage of those who would BOTH sign your petition and actually boycott the show should you not be hired will be effectively zero. Thus you have no leverage. The sooner you realize this the better. When a major media conglomerate goes searching for employees, it will not be from the ranks of the desperate wannabes.

Please stop. I'm sure I speak for the masses of craigslist readers. Go away."




Thank you "Eric." I was actually starting to feel slightly daunted by my quest, but you have given me new inspiration. I have to give you, "Eric," something to believe in again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home